Sunday 15 April 2012

The Making of ‘Girl in the Water’


My main aim behind this illustration was to try and reproduce on paper that same exact feeling of relaxation and peace that I felt when I had imagined the image in my head. I wanted to use a range of different soft colours to do this. I layered the sea with green, yellow, blue, pink and purple colours to give it a colourful and soft textured appearance. It was my last minute decision to add highlights to the young girl’s hair. I wanted to make her hair stand out and ripple in the water and this is the exact effect I produced. The illustration is deliberately simple because I wanted the viewer to feel the emotions of peace and calm which would have been lost if the illustration was elaborate. 


 
Pictures of ‘Girl in the Water’ taken by Matthew-Ben Campbell


 
Pictures of ‘Girl in the Water’ taken by Matthew-Ben Campbell

0 comments: