Sunday 15 April 2012

‘Girl in the Water’

A big hello to everyone reading this right now, it’s great to finally have the time again to upload some more of my illustrations to the blog. I’ve been so busy lately but now that they are finally up, I am happy to be able to share them all with you. I drew the illustration below a few months ago. I am really pleased with the outcome and I hope that you are too. The image just appeared to me in my head one day as I was chilling at home on the sofa. Anyway, I don’t want to distract you from the pleasure of viewing it, so I will lastly add that if you want, you can leave any comments that you have about the illustration below. 




‘Girl in the Water’



The Story of ‘Girl in the Water’

Have you ever had to explain how you feel to someone, but when you try to do so the words don’t seem to come out? Sometimes what you are feeling cannot be spoken or written down it is something that has to be experienced.

Imagine you are floating in a sea of warm water. You close your eyes and you slowly sink to the deepest part of the sea. As you fall, you feel all the anger and the hate that you stored inside of you wash off. You begin to relax, and you allow your body to be swept away by the waves. Enjoy this moment and feel the rush of the waves, hear the sound of the water moving and touch the smooth scales of the fishes as they swim by you. In this place, time does not exist, only what is here and now exists.

When you come out of the water and people ask you, ‘what happened to you?’ You open your mouth but then close it again, realising that no matter what you said, it would never be enough to make them truly understand that overwhelming feeling you had just experienced. 

0 comments: